“WIN A TRIP TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD TO EXPERIENCE JURASSIC WORLD THE RIDE” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Entries into the promotion open on 03/07/2019 and close at 11:59pm AEST on 17/07/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must visit http://www.universaltv.com.au/, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details including full name, email address and state/territory of residence and submit the fully completed entry form during the Promotional Period.
6. Limit one (1) entry is permitted per person.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 on 24/07/2019 at 10:00am AEST, in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published at www.facebook.com/universaltvau from 29/07/2019.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The first valid entry drawn will win the major prize of a trip for four (4) people to Los Angeles, California, USA valued at up to $11,714.00 depending on date and point of departure (“Major Prize” or “Prize”). Prize includes:
- Four (4) x return economy airfares from winner's nearest capital city to Los Angeles, California, USA;
- Non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Los Angeles, California;
- Six (6) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at Universal Sheraton (or at another hotel with minimum 3.5- star rating as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion); and
- 4 x General Admission tickets for 5 days admission to Universal Studios Hollywood.
For the removal of doubt, the winner and his/her companions are responsible for any costs associated with getting to/from their nearest capital city international airport. Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken by 08/07/2020 and is subject to booking and flight availability. Prize cannot be taken during Australian school holidays, public holidays or other peak periods. During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age. There must be a minimum of one (1) traveller aged twenty one (21) or over. The winner and his/her companions are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and his/her companions must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in agreement with the winner but in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the Prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in. Prize must be booked as described – no variations are permitted, and the prize must be taken in its entirety. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date.
13. If the winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with fewer than three (3) companions or no companion, the Prize will be awarded to the winner and each participating companion and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Unless a child of the winner, each travel companion must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. The U.S. State Department requires all international travellers to present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re- entry after air, land or sea travel. If the winner and his/her companions are not able to obtain all necessary travel documents in order to travel to Universal Studios Hollywood, or if the necessary travel documents have not been obtained after travel arrangements have been made and paid for, the winner and his/her companions will not be able to take the trip and the Promoter shall have no further obligation to such the winner and his/her companions. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Trip must be completed within one (1) year of the end date of the promotion or prize will be forfeited. Travel arrangements must be made through the Promoter’s prize provider. Travel dates are subject to the Promoter’s and the prize provider’s approval. The value of prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated value and final value of the prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Once issued, tickets are non-transferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. All prize elements must be redeemed at the same time. The Promoter will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets.
14. The next five (5) valid entries drawn will receive a minor prize of a Jurassic World prize pack valued at $242.85 (“Minor Prize”). The prize pack includes the following:
- Lego Jurassic World: The Secret Exhibit DVD: $13.00
- Jurassic World Snap Squad Collectable Dinosaur Toy: $9.99
- Jurassic World LEGO Carnotaurous Gyrosphere Escape: $119.99
- Jurassic World Collector's Tin: $24.95
- Jurassic World 23cm Paper Plates: $4.99
- Jurassic World Paper Cups: $3.49
- Jurassic World Table Cloth: $3.99
- Jurassic World Rubber Bracelets: $2.99
- Jurassic World Tattoo Favours: $5.99
- Jurassic World Lootbags: $2.49
- Jurassic World T-Rex Airwalker: $43.99
- Jurassic World Make & Create Activity Book $6.99.
15. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
16. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
17. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. The Universal Studios Hollywood passes included in the Major Prize are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject the winner (and/or his/her companion/s) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
19. Total prize pool value is up to $12,928.25.
20. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
21. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 28/10/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published at www.facebook.com/universaltvau from 04/11/2019.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutoryconsumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
26. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use / taking of a prize.
27. As a condition of accepting the Major Prize, the winner and his/her companions must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize providers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a winner or winner’s companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
29. Universal Studios Hollywood is a prize provider only in this promotion; is not a sponsor of this promotion; and is not responsible for the administration of the promotion, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all disputes arising out of or relating to any person’s use of, or participation in, the Universal Studios Hollywood prize itself shall be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws provision therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within California. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
30. The Promoter is NBCUniversal International Networks Pty Ltd (ABN 76 103 226 026) of Level 32, 580 George Street, Sydney, telephone (02) 8274 1607.
31. NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/35512 ACT Permit No. TP19/03592 SA Permit No. T19/996